Monday, February 9, 2015

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!

Hey my lovely Family;

Well when I think about this past week...I think of the song "The Boys Are Back in Town" or something like that. Haha really this area has been on a vacation for way too long. And I feel like we really are going to see some true Miracles this cambio!


                                                      (Hitching a ride to our next cambio) 

    So I have a new companion, my first thought when I saw Elder Celaya I was thinking we were going to be like Timon and Pumba! But he's a great a Elder. He's kind of a Jeffery R. Holland type, he likes to give out the doctrine and then drops the mic and walks away, (leaving the investigators with blank stares.) He is young in the mission like me, so we are really going to see the fruit of our labors. I'm going to miss Elder Vasquez but the fun had to end some day. 
 (saying goodbye to Elder Vasquez)

 (this guy was a real life Rex Kwando showing my comp tricks to study with his 8 week program)



    Well really this week was just all about adjusting to the area with the new comp. We had a lot of contacts in the streets that turned out to be dead ends. We ran into a lot little kids lying to us saying that their parents aren't home. People saying that they are Catholic etc. All that junk.


But we did find a chosen family. With a joven (Brynn) and his mom (Veatriz) and his two sisters (Rubi y Carla) and their grandma (Margalita) haha a really awesome family that really, really need the church. We were teaching them during the whole week and preparing them to go to church. I really enjoy the family. And not I'm not saying it's all about me, but when Sunday came we did splits with the Bishop's sons to pass by the house of all our investigators to make sure they're going to church. Well it turns out that the family didn't want to go because I didn't pass for them. It was just Elder Celaya. Ahh it was awful, I was pretty mad. Well we passed by after church and they all were happy to see me and I made them promise to go the next Sunday. So I were are going to see what happens!!



On Sunday we had a family night which was pretty fun. We played a game where everyone chooses someone to do a dare, but the name of the game is don't have someone do something that you don't want to do. Haha so it turns out the dare that you had someone do  -plot twist...you have to do it yourself. So I ended up doing the chicken dance in front of everyone! It was awesome.


Well my spanish is coming along. My new comp is a little more abrupt and kinda rude about correcting my spanish, I'm just used to Elder Vasquez correcting me lovingly! I'm excited to see what this next week has in store for me and for you guys too! 

Tell everyone hi and I love them!

I love you all soo much! 

Roberts, Brett Roberts!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment