Wednesday, August 6, 2014

KINDA LIKE JAY GATSBY

AUGUST 6th 2014


Hey Fam -

Gosh its crazy I got my first haircut here at the MTC. It's been that long here in the ccm that I needed a haircut. I love you so much. I love the little packages. I love the little drawings on it! The letters that come with it! I try to take it all in.

I get distracted during the day thinking about what you guys are doing...if my prayers affect your day? What are you guys did to close down the summer? What teachers do the kids have? How's Wade's love life?  How you personally are doing if the baby is behaving? If you''re becoming stressed out with me being gone and if its not helping you stay healthy? How's Dad with his 41st birthday this Sunday? I can't help it but compare myself to Jay Gatsby with that darn green light. Meaning i'm so close to being with the people I love. Yet I have a purpose to be here and basically there's that light that's so close and reminds me of everything of my life before. I'm so close that I can just reach out and grab it. Yeah really difficult, but I know i'm growing mentally, psychically, and spiritually.

This week has been a little difficult being the DL! Elder Crawford still has that gloomy spirit about him and just how Dad described his first companion. I feel like Elder Crawford fits him to a T. I hate it because everything I do is wrong in his eyes. So I ask Elder Haskel the ZL to watch over him so I don't have to. 

Well remember on Monday when it rained. With something new everyone from the district ran out in the rain and messed around. So after a little while I figured I needed to have everyone come back in and  plan. Well when I did that Elder Crawford was like "okay mother." Elder Haskell overheard that and stuck up for me and then Elder Crawford called him a Smart A. Long story short it blew up and they probably would've thrown punches if I didn't intervene. So that was the hype of my week, but I guess if you stuff 12 kids with testosterone pumpin through a little fights are bound to happen. To resolve it I sat everyone down told them all that I loved them but we needed to work harder. I think they took it well because yesterday everyone was working hard so its was good.





        Honestly I'm so pumped to leave i'm trying to live in the moment but its hard keep loving you favorite song whens its on reply everyday. I love the devotionals and we sing prelude hymns and I'll never forget that feeling when 2,000 missionaries are singing "Called to Serve" Es Muy Bien.


       The doctrine is coming. The language is coming. I'm trying to work hard everyday not even wanting to waste one minute even though I want to sit and sleep or just day dream about you guys, future wife, Xalapa Mexico, if president Monson is coming to the next devotional, etc. 

I love you guys and hope you all are not growing up at all and ever thing's great. I'm pumped I only have 1 more week left!!

with love 
Elder Roberts Mexican Cowboy



Hey! oh mom I got a letter I'm headed to the Vegas Consulate to pick up my visa on monday!!


We fly out at 4:30 on monday and then get back that night or early tuesday morning.
I'm travel leader a couple others are coming.

with love 
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment