Monday, May 25, 2015

HE HAS THE HEARING OF A BAT

Hey family! 

I was studying one day and the song to "I'll get by" came in to my head. I was singing it all day! I've basically seen it all this week, it was pretty awesome! Well on Wednesday and Friday we had the chance to listen to Elder Pino (he was the guy who talked in spanish at the General conference! ) He really put us in our seat!  
 


On Friday we also had Elder Christiansen and Elder Piper come to speak to us! They are from the Presidency of the seventies! It was pretty cool to have three of the 70´s come and speak to us! I feel blessed that I have time still left in my mission! I loved that it was in straight spanish. They talked to us about how we can be better missionaries and how God loves us! It really helped me out and gave me more excitement for the work! Also Mom could you send me a copy of my mission call where it says my name and where i'm serving, that part?

Well we also had opportunities to work! It's really stressful to be a DL! Right now my district is a little bit down and we've hit a little bit of a rut. I'm going to work on it!

Well one of our converts texted us saying that the Mormon church is not for him. It was pretty heart breaking. Right now he's living with his mom and she's putting things in his head that are not true and so we are going to work with this kid named Michael.


On Friday we had a fun time with a drunk guy ha ha. El se llama Mario! He's a crazy dood! He was a reference from a member so we went to contact him. Well went in and when we touched the door, a skinny old lady answered the door. The grandma looked at us and brightened up said "oh come come in come in! So elder Lopez and I were pretty excited thinking that they were Golden! But I now realize she was just using us to get at her drunk son. Well we came in and sat on the sofa. She started to talk to us and say oh I'm so embarrassed of my son and all this stuff. So the son Mario came around the corner pointing his finger at his mom saying "mom they didn't come to just talk about me! They came to talk about God! hah!" He left the room to go make coffee and the mom whispered under her breath, "my daughter is better!" Mario came back in really mad yelling "what did you say?!" (I guess he has the hearing of a bat) It was funny to sit and see their relationship. Well they didn't progress I just feel bad for the lady that lives with her alcoholic son. (wade, kal, canny, ro don't drink!)

I love you guys - this week has been awesome! I know this coming week I'll have more stories to tell!

Love your guts

E. Rob


No comments:

Post a Comment