Wednesday, July 23, 2014

SECRET PILLOW ROOM

*HANDWRITTEN

Hey Mother;

I'm sitting here at the laundry mat, re-reading all the letters through and thinking about the things I was doing this same time last year. This has always been one of my favorite times of the year. It's hard to talk to my comp about my life before the MTC because he's a boy from Idaho that has been home-schooled. When I mention some things I did on the weekend I feel like he's judging me, you know? I don't feel right for the job (District leader) I was talking to brother Holmen about it and he said he was the same way until he realized that the calling was bigger than just checking the mail and getting the prayers. So lately I haven't been eating well because of the stress and not sleeping well. I miss those nightly vent seshes we would have after I got home from hanging out with friends.

Sorry, I had to just get that off my shoulders. Everything is going well. It's nice to have two weeks under my belt. I feel like I have been taking leaps and bounds in the gospel and also the language. I saw Tate at lunch today, so that was awesome! Thanks for the packages, I'm trying to take advantage of you when you're 25 miles away and not 2500.

Everyone in my district reminds me of someone. Elder Haderlie is a Ferris Bueller look alike. There is a guy here that reminds me of Dwight Schrout, he wears pleated, plaid pants and corrects everyone on their correct forms of espanol and the Gospel and even bears, he's the whole package - (he always adjusts himself when he stands up too, so that's a plus). Next we have a Jackson Dunford laugh alike and an elder who is a football jock that is still living in HS, there is Elder Tullis (nicest guy you will ever meet) a computer savvy guy who is at the top of his game and could've made a lot of money by now but decided to go on a mish. We have even have Barney from the Flintstones! So many different personalities but yet still a brotherhood.

Elder Page and Elder Henderson our District Leaders left this Monday, but Saturday the shoved me and my comp in this secret room full of pillows that no one knows about. I don't know why, but it was just great for a minute!

I love you, thanks for everything - I pray for every single one of you each night and the new baby.

with Love - ELDER ROBERTS bretty
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment